Mpulungu Harbour Corporation Limited (MHCL) is looking for a highly motivated, result-oriented, qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Procurement Officer. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for all aspects of the Corporation’s procurement activities. The Procurement Officer shares responsibility for the overall performance and activities of MHCL and participates in strategic decision making.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for control and coordination of all procurement activities in the port and ensuring that the department maintains the highest possible standards in accordance with company and ZPPA procurement procedures and regulations.
- Provide guidance to user departments on procurement procedures and ensure that all procurements are done in line with ZPPA guidelines;
- Manage the preparation of bidding documents for formal tenders and manage tender closing and opening;
- Manage tender evaluations, preparation of evaluation reports recommending preferred bidders and coordinate contract awards to ensure competitive tendering and adherence to procedures;
- Prepare contracts for selected suppliers, contractors and consultants and coordinate assigned approved contracts;
- Organize meetings in consultation with the chairperson of the Procurement Committee and act as secretary, recording proceedings and decisions reached to guide procurement of goods and services for the Authority;
- Ensure that an updated list of suppliers is maintained in conformity with procedures and guidelines;
- Negotiate terms with suppliers to ensure that the Authority gets goods, services and consultancies at competitive prices;
- Ensure that the Procurement Policy and Procedures manual is kept up to date through
- regular review;
- Develop stores procedures for the Authority and ensure constant review so that they are kept up to date.
- Manage the preparation of annual procurement plans and budgets for the Department and facilitate smooth execution of the activities;
- Monitor implementation of the approved budget and expenditure, respectively;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Primary/Secondary Education:
Grade 12 School Certificate
- Minimum Vocational/Professional Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing & Supply Management, Business Administration, Economics or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply with valid practicing licence
- Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
3 years post qualification experience in procurement
Knowledge of the Public Procurement Guidelines
Excellent management, organizational and supervisory skills
Excellent communication skills
Technical & analytical
Ability to function effectively under pressure and use initiative in problem solving
High level of Integrity
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications enclosing detailed CV, including certified copies not later 31st December 2019 to:
The Human Resources Officer,
Mpulungu Harbour Corporation Ltd,
Box 420138, MPULUNGU. Or email: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.